Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Book

I ordered a new book from Amazon and it finally came! "Hop To It - Appliqued Blocks and Projects" by Edyta Sitar (for Laundry Basket Quilts) is everything I thought it would be.

There is twelve applique blocks in the book. Three different applique techniques are well described and illustrated (fusible, machine and hand applique). How to choose fabrics and colours are very well described, with Edyta Sitar's "Rule of 5" technique.

The projects (8) are beautiful.

The close up of the blocks show beautiful ideas for machine quilting.

Applique is definitely a style of quilting that I want to do more of. I am looking forward to trying out this book.

Today I finished machine quilting the applique mini quilt that I am working on. This picture is of the back - to show the quilting on the black border.

I used Aurifil thread and a Microtex needle (#80). I used my new Clover Fine White Marking Pen to mark the centers of the feathers. The pen worked great and just need to iron the fabric to take the markings off - very easy.
I will sew the binding on tomorrow.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...