Friday, May 7, 2010

FMQ and Contests

For today's Free Motion Quilting Challenge I worked on another star of the fruit table runner. I changed to Invisafil in the bobbin and a #60 needle and it worked much better. The white is Invisafil and the star is done in green YLI silk - both are 100 Wt thread.


I discovered that there are great quilting videos on Youtube. They all use longarm quilting machines, but the ideas can be translated to home sewing machines.
Karen McTavish show her McTavishing.
Dawn Cavenaugh (?) shows a nice background stitch.
JoAnn Hoffman show a different background filler - flowers.
There are lots more ideas for the FMQ challenge out there.

There are many great contest going on in Blogland.
Sheila is having a sweet Mother's Day contest. She has a great blog too, always something different.
Carmen from Honey Run Quilters is having a great give away of a jelly roll and a charm pack of Tweet Tweet by Keiki (for Moda)
Gudrun over a Gudrun's World is giving away a copy of her fabulous new book "Fast and Furious Holiday Quilting as You Go".

Lots of ways to waste time when I should be sewing - Oh well, my eyes need a break! Or at least that is what I tell myself!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping in!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...