Monday, May 17, 2010

FMQC and a Finish

I finished the fruit table runner.


This is the back before I stitched down the binding - you can see the free motion quilting better. Finishing the border was yesterdays FMQ challenge.


This is today's - hard to see - it is leftover backing and batting from the table runner.

I bought the fruit fabric last year while on vacation in Oregon, because it goes with my dishes (Evesham by RW). Here it is on my dining room table. I just have to make a complimentary runner for the buffet with the leftover fabric - still haven't decided what to make.

If you are thinking of joining the Free Motion Quilting Challenge - you still have time - just let Wendy or I know.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Your runner is so pretty and looks wonderful with your dishes. I envy your free motion quilting. It looks so neat.
Colleen

Kat said...

The runner looks great, way to go! I am going to start working on FMQ soon... I just have so many things I want to do! I am getting settled in at my new location (parent's house - so not glamorous) I'll make a new post soon.

GailM. said...

The runner is gorgeous. I'm really glad you showed the back. The stitching is awesome.

Wendy said...

I'm getting to the point I'd rather see the back than the front! Wierd, huh? Beautifully done! And it goes wonderfully with your dishes.

Joan said...

Joanne - that is FANTASTIC!! The compled runner is absolutely wonderful - you could even turn it upside down for a change its so lovely :) Thats an interseting foot you have on your machine. What sort of machine do you have?

Sandra Henderson said...

Joanne! Somehow I overlooked this post, it's beautiful! Look at all that gorgeous quilting! I love your dishes also... VERY beautiful!