Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Romanian Point Lace

Filled in another triangle on the fruit table runner for today's FMQC.

I have also been working on a piece of Romanian Point Lace that I have on the go. It is a type of lace made with a crotchet braid.


These are some of the flowers I have been working on.


I need 16 more of these.


They then get tacked on to a piece of fabric that is covered in plastic that has the pattern traced on it. It is 27" in diameter.


More braid and filler stitches are added. All the work is done on the wrong side of the piece of lace. Once all the work is completed the lace is removed from the pattern.


Hopefully one day it will look like this!!

This is the first piece I made last year. It was pretty easy so I wanted to try another one. The one I am working on will take me a while!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Linda said...

That is amazing. Way to go! I've always wanted to try bobbin lace. Have you? I now have to add this type of lace to my list
Linda

Wendy said...

Soooo beautiful! I can't even imagine working with something so delicate! I tried Ribbon Embroidery. That was cool.

Question: Does silk thread shrink with washing or heat like the cotton does? Just curious. I'm happily ensconced in my Aurifil.

Michelle Lovatt said...

I love the lace. It would be a nice carry around project (long road trips).

GailM. said...

Love the lace. It's so delicate. Small flowers would be great to put on my crazy quilted Christmas socks. I may take it up some day, but not right now.

Gloria said...

I have never seen this type of needlework! It's lovely! You are so talented!

zenuwpees said...

Heel heel mooi ik doe het ook graag maar vind in Belgie moeilijk patronen maar die van u zijn prachtig.Groetjes

Britney said...

Hi there. I'm working on some RPL as well. Yours is amazing! I would love to try this table cloth! Where do you suppose I can get the pattern/instructions from? Please help!

PatternsAlaCarte said...

Could I ask what issue of Anna the pattern is from? I've been trying to locate it and can't seem to. I really love the flowers just on their own and would love to make some now that i have the basic braid mastered.

Thank you!

Margot said...

Work is wonderful! Loved!

Christine Shaub said...

Wow! That looks amazing. I'm the only one out of 4 of us girls that can crochet with crochet thread. I've always wanted to try bobbin lace, I think I'll have to add Romanian point lace to that list also. Thank you for sharing the beautiful creations you do.