Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hexagons

I have been making hexagons.

I have a long way to go, but I wanted to see which layout I prefer. Off set with contrasting triangles (scraps of white just to see), or

all together (harder to see the individual hexagons).

I worked on some free motion quilting, but it looks the same everyday - hard to see with the fabric I used for the sample sandwich - no point showing it.

The weather has turned nice - almost 30° C - and I have been working outside this week. Not much time for sewing or sitting at the computer. We don't have a very long summer, I have to take advantage of the nice weather!

My plants waiting to be planted - for a couple more weeks just to be safe - we still could get frost!

A beautiful evening!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Your hexagons are so pretty. Personally, I like the layout without the white triangles; I love how the pattern comes together. But either way is lovely and works well!

Enjoy the nice weather! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Wendy said...

I agree with Cyndi. Contrasting is much prettier in this case. Enjoy your evenings!

Gloria said...

Your hexagons are looking great! So many different ways to put them together!

Sandra Henderson said...

So gorgeous! and your plants are so healthy looking! XO