Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Free Motion Quilting

I have been FMQ this little postcard that I painted.



This postcard was inspired by the Quilt Rat's postcards. I have to figure out what to do on the edge. It is only 4" x 6", I tried a zig-zag stitch on the edge, but it didn't really work, and it seems too small to use regular binding - maybe I'll try bias binding.

Back in February I won a OWOH contest, and the prize of scrap booking supplies came today all the way from South Africa!


Cariena has a store and a great blog where she shows what she creates.
I am looking forward to trying new things!! Thanks Cariena!

I have been doing a lot of work outside - all the big jobs were finished this week-end!

Beds made bigger and perennials moved.


All the seeds planted.
We had a big rain last night and I think I can hear the seeds germinating!


Just the seedlings left to transplant, but that will wait another week or so, to make sure there is no more chance of frost. I am sure they would be fine now, the weather is great, but I have been growing those little plants for a few months, and don't want to lose them now.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Joan said...

Joanne - I love that post card - what did you use to paint on them - I am intrigued. Your garden looks so very orderly...something I should be doing - but I am off to sew some flowers as its Wednesday today :) I checked out the Quilt Rats site - it is just amazing what she does!!

jilly said...

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for visiting, always good to hear from you;-) Love the machine quilting...still not sure its for me though. A friend gave me a frame to make hand quilting easier...think I'm going back to my hoops. I never baste with the hoops and a lot less preparation then the frame.

Can't wait to see how your gardens grow over the coming months.

Blessings,
Jilly

Sherri said...

Love your blogger quilt festival quilt...and your garden is amazing...so green and beautiful!

Wendy said...

Cute postcard! Have you seen the quilts that are fMQed and THEN the stitched designs are painted? I've seen a few and I love them. I'll try to find a couple to show you.

Deanna said...

Your garden is beautiful!

GailM. said...

Sweet, Sweet little postcard. I enjoyed going through the Quilted Rat's blog. I was doing some gardening today too. Love all yours.

Laura said...

Beautiful postcard -- did you use Setacolor paints?

Gloria said...

Wow! Love the painted postcard! Your machine stitching is lovely!

With all the gardening you have been doing, it's a wonder you have any time to quilt! That is my struggle right now, trying to do both!

Please post more photos when your garden is in bloom!

Sandra Henderson said...

Your garden was planted in time to enjoy all this rain you are NOW having! Beautiful!