Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So Much Goin On!

Wow! What a busy day, where to begin?!

I will start with the most important for me.

May 4, 1991

My oldest child turned 19 today!! Where did the time go? He is such a wonderful young man and we are so proud of him!!

Next!

Free Motion Quilting Challenge

My friend Wendy thought it would be a great idea to challenge each other to free motion quilt for the month of May, and we thought that maybe you would like to join us!

It is pretty simple.
If you would like to join us leave a comment here or on Wendy's blog.
You don't need to FMQ for the whole month, just two weeks in a row during the month of May. It can be FMQ on anything, even practice samples.
You're on the honor system. We'd love for you to blog about it as you go (although you don't need to), we're not going to check every blog every day. If you cheat, we won't know, but you will!
At the end of the month leave another comment letting us know you successfully completed the challenge and your contact info. You will then be entered to win one of two prizes, either the book "Mastering the Art of McTavishing" by Karen McTavish or a white Clover marking pen and a couple of spools of my favorite Aurifil thread.


We hope that you will join us. We were amazed with how much we improved last month, when we tried it for a week!

Next! I finished two more Pinwheel Sample Quilt Along blocks today.

I will do two more tomorrow and then have the 20 blocks that I need.

I also washed my applique quilt - always a bit nerve racking when the fabric hits the water - but it looked so beautiful, the colours became more vibrant when it was wet.


It came out beautifully! The quilting is more pronounced now.

Have a great day and thanks for making it through this post!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...