Sunday, May 30, 2010

Show and Tell

Yesterday I went to my parents cottage (1½ hours north of where we live), to help my mother with free motion quilting her lap quilt that she recently finished.

I started sewing it on her machine, but I have brought the quilt home to work on now. I am trying out some Mctavishing. I will show more of this quilt over the next few days. It is great to have a chance to practice more free motion quilting!

While I was at my parents I took some photos of the cross-stitched pictures that my father has made. He took up cross-stitching when he retired about 17 years ago, and he does the most precise work! (Click on the pictures to enlarge)

This one is variegated silk thread on linen



This is what he is currently working on. The Aida will be completely covered when it is finished.

I also took a picture of a crazy quilt that I made for their 35th wedding anniversary - almost 16 years ago.

It poured all day and when we came home, there was flooding everywhere.

The field in the distance is still flooded today,

but at least the sun was shining and the wind will help dry things up.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...