Monday, May 10, 2010

More FMQ

I am trying to quilt a bit of this table runner every day as part of the Free Motion Quilting Challenge.


It is hard to see, but the two triangles are quilted (yesterday and today) with half a feathered wreath. I used #100 silk thread and a #60 needle. The silk thread is very fine, but very strong. I broke a needle when I pulled the thread (to move to a new spot without cutting the thread) and tried sewing - the needle snapped, but the thread didn't!! I will quilt the other triangles with different designs.
We are having lots of fun in the FMQ Challenge (not to mention really improving!) and I hope you will consider joining us! (Just need to leave a comment.)

The appliqued fruit basket quilt has been in my laundry room since I washed it. I thought it looked so pretty with the sun shinning on it today, really showed off the quilting. Still waiting for a piece of wood to hang it.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping in!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...