Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Might Be Addicted


I bought these two books yesterday at the quilt show - "Dear Jane" and "The Civil War Sewing Circle", both lovely books.


I thought I would try some Dear Jane blocks with Batik fabric, just for fun. They certainly are fun to make, and I am now thinking I am going to buy some background fabric to get started on a large Dear Jane!! Addicted??!!...
The blocks are 4.5" square (finished size), and I used foundation paper piecing, machine appliqué and regular piecing to make them.


When I made the freezer paper templates for the machine appliqué, I only traced one design and then stapled the other layers of freezer paper together, to make cutting out the templates faster.


I added some 3" borders, and I will machine quilt it tomorrow

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...