Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crazy Quilting Mini


I finished up the crazy quilt mini quilt for AAQI. It is 8.5" x 10.5". It is the first crazy quilt that I have made with such bright fabrics - very tropical.


I decided to just embroider the seams, add buttons and beads, but not to add other little bits of embroidery - the fabric was bold enough. I used #11 seed beads, and think that they compliment the Lola by Edmar thread better.

There was a great response to the tatting (thanks for the ideas too), which surprised me. Someone once said to me, when she saw my work, that her grandmother used to make doilies and she didn't think people did that anymore - made me feel like I was 100 years old! Nice to see that people are still interested!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...