Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Jane Weekend

It seems to be coming a pattern for me to make Dear Jane blocks while Skypeing with friends on the weekend - very enjoyable.


These are the six Dear Jane blocks I made today. I am trying to make a hard one, an easy one and a few appliqué ones every week (that's the plan this week!).
There is a wonderful blog - That Quilt - that has instruction for how she made the blocks. I read on the blog - "When in doubt - appliqué", and that is exactly what I am doing, if the blocks seem too complicated, I have been appliquéing them (invisible machine appliqué with the seam allowance turned under) -just because I love appliqué.


18 (4+1/2") blocks so far, and I have a few ready for sewing tomorrow.
The blocks sure can be a challenge, but I love the look of them, and I am really pleased with how they are coming.


Someone likes to fly their remote control helicopter in to mess up the blocks!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...