Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sew-In Results

I had a great time sewing last night (as always!!). Thanks Heidi and Bobbi!


Finished machine quilting the center of the Fruit Basket applique quilt that I am working on.

You can see the design better from the back.

In the outer border I will do a more formal design. I ordered some thread and I haven't decided if I will wait for it to come in or use what I have.

So far I have decided that this type of quilting looks better with wool batting than cotton, and that the thread really sits on the top of Bali fabric, it looks better with a regular quilting cotton fabric. Also plain fabric would be better to show the design. This is still a learning piece that I am working on - so I am learning!!

Thank-you to everyone who voted for my Spanish Steps quilt here.

Have a great day!!

8 comments:

ivoryspring said...

What a beautiful block - you did a superb job.

Wendy said...

Absolutely lovely! You're doing so well at the quilting!

Laura said...

Awesome quilting, it looks fantastic. I went to a quilt show today (in Winston-Salem NC) and bought some YLI Soft Touch thread, and have been quilting all day with it. I love it, it's not bulky at all and it wasn't too expensive ($2.50 for 250 yds/225 m).

bettyp said...

What a great job of quilting you did!! Love it . I forgot about the Friday Night Sew in !!

Kat said...

absolutely beautiful quilting! Way to go!

Cyndi said...

That looks amazing, Joanne. But I had to shake my head in wonder when you said the border would have more "formal" quilting...what you did so far looks pretty formal and beautiful to me, so I can't wait to see what you do to the border! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Joan said...

Absolutely stunning quilting Joanne...its looks beautifu. If I can get halfway there I will be happy. I need to get off this computer ☺ ♥

Rose Marie said...

Beautiful machine quilting .... gorgeous block!