Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Applique

Today I pieced a square that I will add some applique to.


All ready to stitch down.



I am using the freezer paper and invisible thread zig-zag method of applique. I am making a little quilt that I can practice some free motion quilting on. It will have a large border with lots of room for feathers - I hope! This block pattern is from Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, issue number 360, March 2004.

I noticed that Marlene over at Sipiweske Quilt Design has some more pictures of this weekends quilt show. Myra at Tactile Pleasures in Fabric has some great pictures too.

I was thrilled this weekend to get an email that my Spanish Steps quilt picture in now on Judy Martin's website! It is from the Scraps book.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! Your quilt in Judy's site. That's very cool!

I've noticed that I'm starting to plan quilts with larger empty space so as to do more decorative quilting. You too?

And now, with the new foot, I'm feeling quite a bit more confident. It's getting comfortable and I'm having a blast. Looks like you are, too.

*hugs*

Kat said...

Congratulations on your quilt being honored. That Spanish Steps quilt really is something!

Laura said...

Could you tell me what you use to mark your quilting designs? I've been using a chalk pen and have some trouble seeing it!

SheilaC said...

Your quilt looks lovely over on Judy Martin's site!!

Did you submit it, or did she just find it herself?

Love the new applique quilt :)

SheilaC