Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finished Applique

I finished the applique and added the hand stitched details to the little quilt that I am working on.


Added 7" borders - lots of room for free motion quilting.



The quilt is almost 29" square. I have to get a marker that will show on the dark fabric. I think I will have to practice following a line in quilting too - not something I am used to - should be interesting!

Today I was checking out Patsy Thompson's website/blog - she has fantastic designs -lots of inspiration!

Love a prairie sky!

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

GailM. said...

Love it.

Quilting Queen said...

Wow Joanne, that is gorgeous...I am a sucker for applique...just love the look of it.. I spent grade 1 to grade 3 in Portage La Prairie...love the prairie sky almost as much as I love the maritime valleys.

Cyndi said...

Lovely on all accounts...the applique and the prairie sky!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Laura said...

I checked out Patty Thompson's blog, too, and found all the free pdf downloads. Thanks for suggesting that site to me, it was just what I needed!
The prairie sky looks stunning--the only provinces I've made it to are Quebec & Ontario.

Quilt Hollow said...

Enjoy seeing your basket block and also spotted the tutorial of that clothes pin bag I had my eye on before.

Gloria said...

Great applique project! You amaze me with what you get accomplished!

Joan said...

The applique looks fantastic, I am dying to see how you quilt it...Just got some DVD's on FMQ today...should be interesting.

Sue said...

I love the fruit basket applique! What pattern did you use? Are there different things in the basket or is it just one pattern?