Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Not Enough Fabric!

I made the five little pinwheels that I thought I would need to make my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along quilt bigger.


Once the sashing strips are cut, I realized that I won't have enough fabric to make another four blocks!!!


Only 6 layer cakes squares left, with a few scraps and a square of background!! Oh well! I will put it on hold until the weekend and try to figure something out.

The view from our yard yesterday evening, I was surprised to see flames, they are burning the fields (it was much more impressive in real life).

This baby bunny was outside the window this afternoon. He/she is about the size of my hand! So cute!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping in!!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Oh, I hope you can find more of the fabric you need for your quilt! That baby bunny is so cute. We used to have lots of rabbits around us, but between the coyotes and my neighbor's bad cat, we don't see nearly as many rabbits as we used to! :o(

Deanna said...

Is it background or layer cake fabric you are worried about? I am sure you can get 4 more blocks out of 6 squares, but you might have to use a fabric more than one time. Or, design/choose your blocks around the sizes of your small pieces.

I really like the baby pinwheels. They add a needed dimension to the quilt.

Wendy said...

I love baby pinwheels!! And baby bunnies. Actually, I love pretty much any baby animal.

GailM. said...

Love the baby bunny. I hate that when I run out of fabric. That happens to me quite often believe it or not. Most of my quilts are scrappy so I can improvise with other fabrics from my stash. I hope you can too.