Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pinwheels


Today I had the chance to sew!! I worked on my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along, and made the last two blocks.


I worked out the layout on EQ6 (just found out that EQ7 is coming out this summer - you'll never be able to keep up Marie!). The sashing is 3", so the quilt will be 63" square. I decided to add mini pinwheels in the corner blocks. I liked the pinwheels in all the corner blocks not just the center ones like in Rachel's inspirational quilt. I am also using up the leftover scraps of layer cake and making the pinwheels with two colours from the layer cake, not one colour and the background.


7 made and 18 more to go. They will be 3" finished, so I used four 2 3/8" squares to make the half square triangles.

The rest of the pinwheels waiting to be sewn.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Everything looks great as usual Joanne. You've had a busy week.

Wendy said...

Very cute! I'll bet it feels great to sew!

Michelle Lovatt said...

Love it.

GailM. said...

Love the wood floors. They look so rich. Love the pinwheels. The thing that scares me about pinwheels is the 8 points that meet in the middle of the blocks so I would typically stear away from them.

EQ7 is coming out. Wow, I wonder what improvements are there. I have EQ5 and barely use it. I'm not much of a designer, but it's great for helping to calculate measurements for on point quilts.

I love all the quilt stuff you do... it's right up my alley.

Deanna said...

Yours is looking good. I am taking a different route and adding several blocks to make a queen size quilt (42 blocks total) I will let you know how it turns out. After considering on-point setting I abandoned that idea. It already has so much background color that I was afraid it would look washed out.

Cindy from "It's a Sew Sew Day..." said...

Looks awesome! I am also going to make the small pinwheels to go in the sashing. Also I am considering larger ones for the border corners. Can't wait to see your's finished!

Happy Quilting!
Cindy

Rose Marie said...

Those tiny pinwheels will add sparkle to your quilt ..... looking forward to seeing all these together!

SheilaC said...

Your quilt is beautiful, and I love the little pinwheels!


I have to get caught up!

SheilaC