Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hexagons

I have mentioned before that when you see one thing, you then see them every where. This weekend it is hexagons!
I have a busy week ahead and I want to line a few things up so that I would be able to sew everyday (my April challenge). I have been noticing hexagons, and decided to make some more.

I made this pillow last year.

I have had these fat quarters (Glace by 3 Sisters) for a while and thought it was about time I made something with them.
Yesterday while blog surfing I saw Valentina's blog, and she was making hexagons.
There is also a Hexagon Quilt Along going on over at Jaybird Quilts.
Today I cut my fabric and started sewing and cutting triangles. This is really an easy way to make hexagons (well described over at Jaybird Quilts - cutting instructions - I use my regular ruler).

My DH and I are doing some work over at his sisters place and it is in a wonderful spot - it was also a beautiful day.


Apparently there are three eggs in the barrel!

Have a great day!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely hexies! What are you making with them?

I like that tree, too.

Cyndi said...

Oh, the hexagons in those Glace fabrics are gorgeous! And that picture of the goose is priceless. I know a lot of people don't like Canadian geese because of the "mess" they leave, but I love them! She looks so cute in that barrel!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Joan said...

Love all those hexagons. I dont think they will ever date...the colours will be so good together. I just love the photograhy ...How do you know the number of eggs ?? ♥

GailM. said...

Hey, I'm on a hex kick too. I bought a hex ruler at Joann's recently while in the states, and then I bought Marti Michels Quilt Sense hexigon set for making an I spy quilt. A project for next month.

I spent time trying to put together fabrics to try the tri-recs table runner that you showed a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I'll get it done, but I'll definitely get a few blocks done tomorrow, now that I have the fabrics piced out.

Rose Marie said...

I have a bundle of Aviary FQ's that would be perfect for these hexagons, but for later down the road. Yours are wonderful!