Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In


For the sew-in tonight I am working on free motion quilting this little applique quilt.

Already started.

I was originally going to mark a pattern and make the feathers more formal. Laura from Periwinkle Art Quilts told me that it was easier to just "wing-it", so I took her advice. I did mark one line for the center of a feather and couldn't even manage to follow it!! I will try doing a marked design in the border because it is probably something I should learn to do.

I entered my Spanish Steps quilt in an online quilt contest at Quilting Gallery.

Please drop by and vote - I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day - maybe some time to join in the Friday Night Sew-in!!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Hi Joanne! I love your quilt...I went and voted for you. You are in third place right now and the voting is very close. Good luck!

XOXO,

Cyndi

jilly said...

Oh you better believe I will vote for you and my favorite quilt♥ Best of luck Joanne.

Blessings,
Jilly

Kat said...

I voted for you. You are in a 3 way tie for second place right now. Good luck!

LiahonaGirl said...

I just voted for you too! I hope you win, cuz I love your Spanish Steps quilt. And the new applique project is fabulous!
Nancy