Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Show and Tell

DH and I had a very busy week laying hardwood floors at his sister's new condo, but we finished today!

From the hall into the kitchen and living room,

in the kitchen,

the dining room/living room area,

and the spare bedroom.

Once it is all painted we will put the baseboards back and do the finishing touches. It all went together beautifully. It was a real privileged to spend time with my SIL and her DH, they are an amazing couple!!

Now back to my regular activities!! I hope to finish machine quilting my applique quilt -



and to finish the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along.

I have two blocks to catch up on, I might do more and then the sashing - I will also add the mini pinwheels as corner blocks in the sashing.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

I just noticed that this is my 100th post!! I can't believe it has been that many!!

8 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my goodness Joanne, the floors are beautiful. I have OLD oak floors and I LOVE them. We had them refinished 30 years ago, and they are in need again. But I would always prefer wood over carpet if I had a choice.

Wendy said...

I love oak floors too. When we had the old farm house in Illinois, we had pine planking on the floors. I always wanted to replace them with oak.

Nice job!!!

jilly said...

Wonderful job, they are going to love the floors. Even though we have the Pergo, I love how easy it is to clean...not to mention slide across the floor in my socks;-)

Blessings,
Jilly

jindiscottage said...

Your little applique quilt is gorgeous and the pinwheel sampler is going looking good too, looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Congratulations on your 100th post!

Kate said...

Hi Joanne,
Thank-you so much for the awesome job you and my brother did on our floors! They are gorgeous, and we absolutely love them! Amazing how you're as at home with a power saw as you are with your sewing machine - such talent!

Congratulations on your 100th blog. Love your aplique quilt!
Kate

Cyndi said...

Wow, Joanne, those floors look wonderful. There is nothing like hardwood floors...we have random peg hardwood (oak) floors in our house. They need to be refinished, which we are having done in the Fall - do you have any experience with that? LOL!!!

Have fun working on your quilts!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Lissa Jane said...

Happy 100 Posts.. the floors look fantastic!

Lissa
Australia

Joan said...

Joanne - what a great job..the floors look fantastic, and I love your quilts too - of course