Monday, April 9, 2012

What's On Your Bed (Linky Party)

I have joined up with Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville's Quips and Snips) for her What's On Your Bed? LInky Party.


This is what's on my bed. It is quilt I finished about 4 years ago.
It is hand quilted, this was the first quilt I made with wool batting - now my preferred batting.


The quilt is made up of kimono blocks and a few card trick blocks for variety. The kimonos are "T's" with little 3-dimensional triangles, which were lots of fun to make.

Monday is also my day to wash sheets and towels, and get my home sorted out for the week - seems to be pretty common.

Check out the other people's quilts - it is nice to see quilts put to good use.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Your quilt is lovely, beautiful colors. .

Raewyn said...

A lovely quilt Joanne - a neat way to do the kimonos and the sashing works well with it. Love your bed-head too.

Sharon Siacci said...

Lovely quilt Joanne.

Sandra Kaye said...

Lovely room!! and the quilt is just to sweet!! Hugs

Karen said...

You would find a blanket on my bed. With all the quilts I make, you would think I would have a quilt on the bed but I don't. I do like to drape a quilt over the end of the bed but none on there today.

Sheila said...

Lovely quilt Joanne , your room is very warm and comfy looking.

Terri said...

On my bed is an electric blanket, a dull pea green picked out by my hubby. I've never made a quilt for us... most of the family has one, and lots of quilts to Project Linus, but none for me, yet.
Hugs!

jillyヅ said...

Your quilt and room are beautiful. Love the colors in both.

blessings, jilly

Brooke said...

I have not tried wool batting, but I bet that is nice and cozy!! I really like the warm looking color grouping in this quilt.

Barb said...

beautiful quilt! what a fun event

Pattilou said...

The quilt on my bed is the first I did in wool too. Love it, summer and winter!

Your kimonos are so cute and the quilt is very inviting--as is your room!

Quilts Sew Shabby said...

Beautiful quilt ... love the colors and the kimonos are charming. The sashing is great with them.