Saturday, April 21, 2012

Making DJ Blocks



I have been making Dear Jane blocks - these are the first 7 in the book. They are 5" (they will be 4 1/2" finished), and are very addictive to make. The book doesn't really have the pattern, just a picture of the block and a scale drawing of the block - so I have to figure out the measurements and how to make the block - kind of like a puzzle, so lots of fun. Plus I only have to make one.

Some are hard and some are very easy.


Some have 40 pieces in 5"!


Some I am machine appliquéing.


And some have paper piecing (this is the method where you don't sew on the paper, but fold it back).

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

7 comments:

Raewyn said...

Very nice!! I cant believe 40 pieces in one tiny block!!

Joan said...

They look fantastic - how big are you going with them? I mean are you making the whole lot?

Me and My Stitches said...

They look great! You are much braver than I, I bought the software so I didn't have to figure out the measurements. Now if I could just get that applique down!

Needled Mom said...

I have been wanting to tackle a DJ for years. I just love seeing all of the blocks coming together.

Frances Leate said...

I have enjoyed seeing your DJ blocks and this is one project that is still on my "to do" list. I am intrigued with your paper piecing method. Take care.

Donna said...

I love the fabrics you are using and your blocks look great!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your blocks are amazing! I haven't ever seen the paper piecing method where you don't sew through the fabric - very interesting!