Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Mini Quilts




Today I made a couple more mini quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. These are so quick and fun to make, plus a great way to practice free motion quilting.


This is a close up of the "Diane-shiko". I used a Hera marker for the lines.


This mini whole cloth is 11.5"  x 8".


This basket pattern is from the Blessings quilt. It is 12" x 6.5" (I had to cut some of the ends off to get the quilt to be within the measurements that AAQI asks for - oh well).

I really appreciate all the kind comments people are leaving, sorry I haven't been getting back - I try. It is just that I have been limiting my time on the computer lately trying to accomplish other things. A huge thank-you though.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

those are wonderful Joanne - I love your quilting on them. you're right - they are the perfect size to practice in!

jillyヅ said...

Love the blue and white, one of my favorite color combos. Read your previous post...your laundry room has got to be one of the prettiest around. Your quilting is again, beautiful.

blessings, jilly

Karen said...

Beautiful Joanne -- thanks for continuing to inspire !

Karen

Wendy said...

Both are lovely and will be greatly appreciated in the fight against Alzeimers Disease.

GerryART said...

Joanne, your quilting is gorgeous.
Quilting certainly 'makes' each piece.
Love it! ! ! !
hugs
Gerry

Terry said...

I love the quilting on them, it is a great way to practice your free motion quilting, which I really need to do.

Michelle said...

Those blue baskets are just gorgeous -- I can't decide if I'm more in love with the piecing or the quilting.

Jan said...

Love it!

Lesley said...

Love your blues! How creative you are, and the quilting is wonderful!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful work Joanne. You really are achieving lots :-) Love how you are playing with your quilting - your ideas seem endless!(PS Mum was stitching away at a Nordic Needle BOM tonight!!)