Friday, April 6, 2012

Printing on Fabric

Yesterday I tried printing on fabric with this product -


a fabric, backed with paper, to be used with an inkjet printer. This is the first time I have used such a product.


This product worked really well.


 The image came out vibrant and clear. This is for my Paris Mini Quilt.


The above image I printed on regular fabric that I backed with freezer paper, just using my inkjet printer (no special inks or solutions to treat the fabric - there are all kinds of directions on the internet - here is one). This works very well - the image isn't quite as sharp, but it is much cheaper - the speciality product was about $20 for 5 sheets. I have never washed anything I have made using this technique - I have just used it for art quilts, crazy quilting and decorative cushions.


Here are the two side by side - the purchased speciality product is white fabric (the one on the left) and the fabric I used with freezer paper was ivory (the one on the right).

Has any one else noticed that the little pencil and wrenches are back! Thanks Blogger!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice tip about the freezer paper method. Thanx!

Impera_Magna said...

Thanks for the info... last trip to JoAnn's fabric emporium, I picked up a pack of the paper-backed fabric to try. Will also try the freezer paper idea as well!

Needled Mom said...

I use my coupons at Joanns to buy the fabric paper when I need it. It really works well and is much more washable that the fabric you prepare yourself.

Barb said...

good info thanks for sharing it with us.
Can't wait to see your little paris quilt -
by the way I adore the clothes pin bag on your side bar!!