Friday, February 11, 2011

PhD Challenge Update

I have been working on my two projects for Myra's PhD Challenge.

I am really starting to enjoy hand-quilting again. I am using Valdani 35wt cotton quilting thread - which is my favorite for hand quilting. I think I have figured out the quilting designs for the Bear Paw's quilt too.

I finished making all the half square triangles (they are 6½" squares) for D's Quilt too, they just need to be trimmed and sewn into pinwheel blocks.

Last week I won this Zentagles book!!! And it came today!!! Thank-you so much Jill (aka the Quilt Rat)! Zentagles is an art form that I have been wanting to try.

Jill even signed the book on her project page!

A while ago I also won PDF Cookbooks from Linda (aka Scrapmaster) - thank-you so much Linda - the recipes and quilt pictures are fantastic!!

Four rabbits today - hopefully that is all of them!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Never heard of ZenTangle before... just did a little online reading and it sounds very interesting...

Linda said...

I'm very curious about the ZenTangle. I'll be very interested in your posts regarding it. Your hand quilting stitches look perfect! :-)

Joan said...

Beautiful hand quilting Joanne. I look forward to seeing some Zentangles... Congrats on your win!I have just cut out 8 blocks for the quilt-along. then I have 13 14 and 15 to go...you should see the mess I am in now !!

Quilt Rat said...

Wow I see you are off to a great start with the Zentangles...they look wonderful.
ENJOY!!!

Pepe said...

Every time I see that photo with patchwork leaves quilted I think them are super! I like the block, the red fabric and the hand-quilting! Bravo!!!