Saturday, February 12, 2011

Udates

Phyllis (no blog) sent me some fabulous pictures of her Quilt Along blocks.

Phyllis is also from Manitoba! I was thrilled that she sent me some pictures - they are wonderful!! Thanks Phyllis!

This is Needled Mom's quilt along blocks. I love the fresh, bright colours she chose and the contrast she created with the alternating blocks - stunning!!

February's Granny's Hankie BOM came out yesterday. I have prepared all the applique pieces and they are waiting to be stitched down.

I have also been having fun "zentangling". Just paper and pencil for now - it is lots of fun. I found a great web site for zentangle pattern ideas (with explanations) - Tangle Patterns.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Joan said...

My goodness - as alwasy you keep so busy. Those quilt along's are fabulous. Isnt it wonderfrul how they all look so different. I got one block done yesterday and have 9 more cut out to go...Your Granny's hanky is looking great. I am keeping them and hope to do some of those...but.....

Deanna said...

Oh, I MUST get on those alternating blocks. These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All your work is so beautiful!

Are you doing raw edge applique on the machine or needle turn on Granny's Hankie. The dark fabric is a wonderful choice. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Billie in TX

Quilt Azubi said...

greetings to Phyllis and Needled Mom - it looks perfect !! :))

Kat

Theresa said...

Love the tangles and Needled Mom's quilt blocks - nice coloring and the alternating blocks give it a cohesive quality... they all link together.
I'm just learning the tangling, too. Have you seen my "relax"? I like to tangle around a word and use it on a homemade card.

Julia said...

Just gorgeous quilts ...
Love your quilt along..
Julia ♥

Needled Mom said...

Your work is just gorgeous. I am not familiar with the tangles. It sounds very interesting. The Granny's Hankie BOM is beautiful. What a great quilt that will make when finished.

Edna said...

I'd never heard of Tangles or Zentangles before seeing it here in your post. How interesting! I used to do stuff somewhat like that many years ago - just never knew it was anything but doodling... I think it might be good inspiration for machine quilting designs too.

Myra said...

Oh looky-looky!!! There is my friend Phyllis' handiwork!!! Looking good!!! Phyllis is really enjoying to journey of this project Joanne!!!

Must look into this Tangle thing...

Email coming your way...