Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In Results

Last night I finished the stay-stitching (quilting in the ditch) on the pinwheel quilt,

And started on the free motion quilting - feathers in the black pinwheels.

It is the first time I have stay-stitched a quilt, and I don't know if I like how it looks on the back of the quilt - that is why I only did them one way. Maybe once all the quilting is finished the straight lines will "disappear"?

Thank-you to Bobbi and Heidi for hosting the FNSI.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Peg said...

Lovely pinwheels - and your quilting looks great - not sure about the straight lines 'disappearing', but certainly don't detract from the quilting at all!

Needled Mom said...

I wonder if it will look like feathers within blocks when you are finished. I think that would look great. I have always loved pinwheels.

Impera_Magna said...

Great progress for one night! Love pinwheels and feel another one happening this year...

Linda said...

I think your quilting looks great! Once it's finished it will be gorgeous!

LiahonaGirl said...

I am so impressed by your free-motion quilting. It looks beautiful!

Marsha said...

Beautiful job! I just read somewhere (can't remember where) about doing the foundation quilting in the ditch with washaway thread. This secures the quilt while you finish the free motion quilting. Then truly disappears when the quilt is washed.

Nicole said...

Your freehand quilting looks awesome.

Brenda said...

Wonderful quilt! I am really liking pinwheels lately, wishing my youngest daughter would have picked a pattern with some in it.

Angie said...

Great quilting - that is impressive with the feathers! Another successful FNSI.

Joan said...

I can see you had a great FNSI - you accomplishes lots.

Danielle said...

Your stay stitching will definitely give a different look than you're used to, but it gives added benefits too. I know one lady who has done her stay stitching in water soluble thread when it made a difference to her.

Your quilt is going to be beautiful!