Sunday, February 6, 2011

More Alternating Blocks

I finished up all the alternating blocks that I need for the Quilt Along.

All 41 blocks I need for the large quilt (plus 8 extra, because I had strip pieced the width of the fabric).

I finished piecing the Drunkards Path fruit table runner (it is 21" x 42"). I had been using the blocks as a "leaders - enders" when working on other blocks - but I finished it up because I wanted it out of the way. I plan on machine quilting it next week.

Now that the RPL table center is all finished I have switched to hand quilting.
This is the Bear Paw Quilt I plan on finishing as part of Myra's PhD Challenge. I started quilting it almost four years ago, and when I look at it now I realize that I could do much more with it if it was machine quilted!!! Plus it would have been finished by now!

Although the temperature is back down to -20°C, we did have temperatures above freezing a few days ago - now the snow looks like a skating rink. It is amazing how the snow has gone down.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Cat said...

Your drunkard's path is really nice. I love your bear paw quilt. Want to let you know how much I am enjoying the quilt-a-long. I'm almost caught up. One quilt to go.

Impera_Magna said...

I was already to rave over the table runner until I saw the gorgeous photo of the snow at the end of your post... beautiful!!!

Wendy said...

Cute Table runner! And I know what you mean by machine quilting vs. hand quilting. But I've seen some very impressive FMQ type designs done with hand quilting. Anything we can do with machine we can do by hand, right? Now if we only had the patience ....

Joan said...

You are welll on your way with you Quilt along - Oh woe is me - I need to catch up. Mywonderful visitors have gone now...I know what you mean by hand quilting and FMQ with a machine. I have a queen sized quilt that Rose, Andrea's mother made - and I am hand quilting that...I could do wonders if it was machine pieced...but I guess I will get there some day :) I love the look of the one you are doing Joanne.

Stray Stitches said...

Your Drunkards Path fruit table runner is gorgeous. So bright and cheery! Your Bear Paw Quilt is wonderful and will definitely become an heirloom with all of the hand quilting.

Karen said...

The log cabin blocks (courthouse steps) look tiny. What size are they?

Myra said...

Busy Bee you are Joanne! 8-)
Your DP table runner is wonderful! So cheery!
Your RPL table center is simply awesome! Lovely!
I hope you are enjoying quilting your BPQ Joanne. I too have a hand-quilting PhD on the go... Very relaxing.
Washed that heat wave we had surprizing!!! Wow!!! And right back to the cold or colds now...
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Needled Mom said...

Your DP runner is just wonderful. I love the colors of it.

Brr....that looks cold! It doesn't sound like winter will be over any time soon either.

The hand quilting will look beautiful. You will be pleased when it is finished.