Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

Tonight is the Friday Night Sew In hosted by Crafty Vegas Mom.

I am working on the pinwheel quilt. I added the borders and got it all ready for quilting.

I am quilting it in the ditch with a walking foot and Invisafil thread (Aurifil in the bobbin) to start with, then I'll do some free motion quilting.

I am using my regular quilting set up.

There was a blizzard over night (started yesterday afternoon).

This morning there was just high winds and blowing snow,

by this evening things had calmed down, just lots of snow drifts left.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Beautiful fabrics... and the quilt looks great! Stay warm and have fun!

LaDonna and Diana said...

I just finished quilting a pinwheel quilt and am getting ready to start another pinwheel quilt! Isn't it funny how when you're working on something, you see it everywhere!

LaDonna

Mrs A said...

that looks great, the pin wheels are so accurate, i look forward to seeing the FMQ, its so hot here, we have been in the pool to cool off! i notice the basketball ring is surrounded with snow, amazing!

Karen said...

What a great quilt for your son! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilting on this. Now that I've done the one pinwheel quilt, I'm hooked and hope to do more.

Karen said...

I meant to ask...do you typically do your quilts that way, of using the walking foot first wherever you can in-the-ditch, and then start the FMQ?

DebbieM said...

Beautiful sunset, and beautiful colors in your quilting.

Angie said...

Love the pinwheels! Looking great!

Joan said...

I cant imagine clold like you have there...its is so very hot and humid here.