Friday, December 31, 2010

Myra's PhD Challenge

I joined Myra's PhD Challenge (Projects Half Done), with two projects that I am hoping to finish in the first 6 months of 2011.

My first project is a large Bear's Paw quilt that I started in January 2007. All I have left is about half of the hand quilting! I can't really explain why I have never gotten around to finishing it. My only excuse is that I have no real use for it (although that doesn't usually stop me!).


My second project is a Pinwheel quilt that my youngest son - D, designed with EQ - using fabric that I was given.

D pieced together these pinwheels and then got tired of it - so I have decided that now would be a good time to finish making the quilt. Maybe D will help me?!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful New Year and I wish you all the best!!

7 comments:

Mrs A said...

Wow your son is good at piecing together the pinwheels, i am impressed, i need to pick up my game!
He must get it from his mum, of course!

Linda said...

That's so awesome that your son was making the pinwheel quilt!! Your bearpaw is gorgeous! Its going to be beautiful AND hand quilted!! Have a very Happy New Year to you and your family, Joanne! Thanks for helping 2010 so special for me! Looking forward to 2011 dear friend!

joan said...

Beautiful quilts... Way to go D! I really like the idea young people getting interested in the art of quilting even if it is just a small taste of it.
Enjoy your evening and wish you the best in the New Year!

jillyヅ said...

I'm sure you can get these two done by June, especiall if D's interest perks up again;-)

A very happy New Year to you and your family Joanne. You have been the best!!!

blessings,
jilly

canuckquilter said...

Your bear's Paw quilt is going to be gorgeous. I suspect that when it is finished it will miraculously find a use. Your son did a nice job on the pinwheels. Maybe he'll get inspired again when there are more done and the project seems less overwhelming?

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Loving all of your projects! I'm rooting for ya!

Colleen said...

Your bear paw quilt is so pretty and the pinwheels will be fun to work on. I have emailed Myra asking to join the challenge as I need the encouragement to finish several PHD's. Thanks for sharing this blog.
Colleen