Saturday, June 25, 2011

Under Pressure!

I have been hand quilting like a woman possessed this week, neglecting all my chores!

I am still quilting the never ending Bear Paw Quilt.

This is the back. Three of the borders are now finished!

I just have one more corner to quilt and four of the edge triangles. I am quilting bears in them.

I have until Thursday to finish this up - that is the end of Myra's PhD Challenge. This quilt has been on the go for over four years now and it will be a relief to have it finished. Thanks Myra for the challenge - I work well under pressure!

A goldfinch at the bird bath.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Ann Marie said...

You can do it, your almost there, keep stitchin!

Julia said...

It's gorgeous Joanne...sure you can do it!
Pressure can be good at times...to get things done.
Julia ♥

Pat said...

Love the colors on that bear paw!
You're doing an excellent job with the quilting.

Sue Daurio said...

Fantastic quilt, think how nice it will feel to get it done!! I'm machine quilting a Baltimore album, trying to get it done before the finish too, but I think you're alot closer than I am. Beautiful work you do!!

Quilt Hollow said...

Won't it be wonderful to have this one finished up?!!! You are almost there...you can do it!!!

canuckquilter said...

It looks beautiful. Being in the home stretch is a great motivator, even if chores fall by the wayside! I love the bears you're tucking in the corners.

corina said...

Way to work under pressure! Beautiful. I'm not too familiar with being in the homestretch of a project, only experiencing it on the rare occasion LOL!

Joan said...

That quilt is beautiful Jaonne - hand quilting is really special. I have one of Andrea's mother to finish - I need a bit of a push too :) Come to think of it - It may be a Bears paw too ...gawks

Wendy said...

So adorable! I look forward to, someday, seeing these in person.

Needled Mom said...

I know you can make it. It is a gorgeous quilt!

Linda said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful!!! I don't blame you for wanting to do it all the time! Love how you are quilting bears!!