Friday, June 3, 2011

BOM's

I finally finished the May Granny's Hankie BOM

I love how these blocks are turning out. This one was great because I didn't have to change thread colours all the time. This pattern will be on Denise's site for another two weeks.

For those who are joining in the Hop To It BOM, I used a random number generator to pick Block 12 for this month.
I think I will use the same background fabric for all the blocks, but use a mixture of reproduction and maybe some Bali fabric for the applique. There is a Flickr site for participants.

Oh No! Look what happened to my GO!
Accuquilt was very quick to respond, every thing will be fine.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Raewyn said...

Your Granny's hankie block has turned out really well :-)
Still waiting for my Hop To It book to arrive in NZ (actually it's being sent to my brothers (USA) who will bring it over with him next visit!) so I'm going to be behind with this... never mind I can dream and maybe collect fabric in the meantime!!

bidtl said...

I just finished my Garden Album quilt top. It was a fun BOM that took me a year to do. I would like to tell you, and anyone else who is doing this, that it would be a good idea to increase the block size to 12 -1/2 inches square. That way you won't have to make 3 -3/8 inch sashing squares/triangles. By increasing the main block size a 1/2 inch, you can make them 3 -1/2, a bit easier!

LiahonaGirl said...

Your Granny's Hankie block is wonderful. And so sorry about the mishap with the Baby Go! I'm glad you'll be able to fix it. There are some times when it takes some strength to get the die, fabric and mat through the rollers. And your mom's quilt looks fabulous!

Crunchy Diva said...

your granny's hankie is sooo pretty. i love the colours against the black fabric.

Betweens said...

you are doing such a fabulous job wih thoses GH blocks the quilt is going to be gorgeous...glad that your machine is going to be fixed you must work it hard..LOL

Wendy said...

Started my Hop To It! Hand sewing the applique and cutting my backgrounds to 13 inches.

Wendy said...

Stunning GH, btw!

Needled Mom said...

That is such a gorgeous block!!

Oh no about the GO, but glad they took care of it so quickly.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful block Joanne!