Thursday, June 16, 2011

More BOM's

I finished up the "Hop to It" BOM -

It is a 12" block. I am pleased with how it turned out and I think this will be a fun BOM. If you have the "Hop to It" book sitting around you should consider joining in, BOM's are a great way to get quilts made.

I am also working on this month's Granny's Hankie BOM (a 17" block). These blocks are so easy - Bali fabric is much easier to machine applique with freezer paper than regular fabric, and the pieces are big.


The hawthorn tree is blooming - such pretty pink flowers.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yours came out lovely! I'm about half way through mine.

Joan said...

Your blocks are looking great - I really should do some more...but the timing is not quite right - I am working on my Photoshop classes when I can... not much else.

Linda said...

Hop To It block is gorgeous!

Mary L. said...

Love the Hop To It Block and especially like the background you used. One of these days I'll get around to Grannie's Hankie blocks. I've been saving them.

Karen said...

Your "Hop" block looks good. I am not the best at doing BOM's. I want to start and do them all at one time and not start and wait for the next one.

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look fabulous.

We have bushes here that are Pink India Hawthornes with the pink blossoms. I wonder if they are the same type of plant. I think they are Raphiolepsis (sp?). Yours look so pretty.

Myra said...

Busy Bee there with the BOMs Joanne! Looking good!

I can just imagine how wonderful that hawthorn tree looks as a whole! 8-)

Back to quilting I go!