Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Henrietta Whiskers

I finished this months Henrietta Whiskers BOM -

My fabric is so busy, definitely "out of the box for me", but lots of fun.

The six blocks so far - three more blocks and the border to go. The patterns for this BOM are still available.

I was given this quilt to machine quilt. It is a quilt that someone in my Mother's quilting group made for Quilts of Valor - Canada, I am honoured to be quilting it. I think I will quilt a feathered wreath in the large Canadian flag fabric square. She used spray baste to put all the layers together - it will be great to quilt without having to worry about pins.

I am using my regular machine quilting set-up of an old piece of counter top - this makes all the difference in quilting a large quilt.

It just sits on little pieces of 2x4 - pretty easy (to set up and to store).

I am very pleased that I planted all the gardens, especially as it has now turned cold and rainy (good quilting weather!). Here are some pictures of my yard.

I know things are just waiting to grow! (That soil might look nice - but it is really just hard lumps of clay - it always amazes me that little seeds grow in it.)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

sweet lemonade gal said...

I always love photos of your yard. All that green makes my day.

Whenever your ready for San Diego, I have quilts for you to quilt♥

blessings, jilly

Sheila said...

I just cut out my pieces last night for this months block , I am so enjoying this fun BOM , yours looks so cute! The quilt is lovely and I know you will do a fantastic job . Your yard is beautiful, no planting here yet it has been tooooooo wet and cold ,soon I hope.

Fiesta said...

Joanne your flower beds are stunning. No matter how much I work on mine, the sun seems to scorch them. I also like your color way for the Henrietta Whiskers BOM

Stray Stitches said...

Your applique blocks are so cute - I have saved all the instructions but haven't started it yet. Your gardens are gorgeous! Enjoy sewing today :)

Cathy said...

Love your Henrietta blocks. I should finish up Mays block today and then start on June. It's been too hot to do to much. Around 98 today. Love your quilting set up. Need to show Hubby so he can do the same for me. Hugs.

Mary L. said...

What a clever way to make an extension table.

Sarah said...

sew...blogger ate my comments... hope it doesn't double post!

I think your gardens are lovely and it gives me hope since I also have clay! LOL

Karen said...

Your Henrietta blocks are different than many I have seen and I like them so much. Fits your style.

The Civil War Quilter said...

The Henrietta Whiskers BOM is wonderful! The fabrics are great...and are those leaping squirrels?!!! Love it!

Betweens said...

do you ever stop!! wow you are so productive.
I love your new BH quilt and the fabrics are just perfect

Helen Bazinet said...

Hi I live in Winnipeg, therefore ckeck your blog nearly every, so enjoy your blogging. Now a BIG thank-you for the tutorial on binding, read it this morning and got right down and applyed it, just about halfway done hand stitching. Thank-you.

Joan said...

You are going so well as always. Just found your posting on my rss feeds :)AM a bit late finding it :)

Alberta said...

Just found your blog and am enjoying it thoroughly. Brilliant idea for an extension table!