Friday, May 13, 2011

This and That

I am planning on starting making blocks for the "Hop To It!" book by Edyta Sitar.

My friend Wendy (Inky Threads) has agreed to join in with me, so I thought it would be fun to invite other people to join in too.
I plan on making one block a month starting in June (can you tell I have become addicted to BOM!!). If you have the book and like myself just needed a little push to get started on it, now is the time. Or if you want to buy the book and join in, the blocks are all so beautiful -


The blocks are something I have been seeing all over the web (using all types of applique methods), the quilts other people have been making are stunning.

This is just going to be for fun, with no pressure, just encouragement to make beautiful blocks. I started a Flicker group so people will be able to post their pictures of the blocks when we get started.

June 2011 - block #12 was chosen
July 2011 - block # 9 was chosen

Now speaking of pressure!! If you plan on participating in the Thread Head Quilt Along Challenge, you have just over 2 weeks to get a picture to me!

Needled Mom sent me a picture of her beautiful finished quilt -

She did such a wonderful job! I just love the colours she chose. It was long arm quilted by Mary from Quilt Hollow.

Now there are 2 people who have a chance to win a prize of some of my favorite quilting things!!

A beautiful sunset at the edge of the clouds.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Oooh I love Needled Mom's quilt. I too love the colors she chose. She did an awesome job. And the new quilt you're doing...it's going to be stunning. Hugs

Deanna said...

My quilt is going to miss a finish, I'm afraid, because of machine quilting. It is more than I can personally handle (not having your super powers) and the quilter schedule is not going my way. Oh, well. That finish certainly is beautiful! It makes me more eager to get mine to the same point.

Cindy N. said...

I would love to join in on the BOM. Its just the boost I need to open my book and get started :)

Mrs A said...

Those blocks look so beautiful, i dont know if i can fit it in, June is only 2 weeks away and i have just started another quilt, with another one half done and two to bind! But i will go and check out the book, i might be able to multi task!

Needled Mom said...

I've been seeing those gorgeous blocks too. That is going to be just stunning when you are finished with it. I really wish I was a better applique-r as I would join you. I will just enjoy all of yours.

Raewyn said...

Oh Yes!!! I have that book on the way to me--- I hope it is somewhere in transit anyway.(I'm trusting international posting here!!) I love your sunset photo, have a great day!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm making this quilt with two other blog buddies! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Joan said...

Lovley quilt of Mary,s. Mine will be late too I am afraid. As much as I would love to join you in your applique quilt - I must decline as i have way too much to get finished. But I wish I could :)its a beautiful quilt!

Mary L. said...

Oh I love her quilt! Makes me want to do another in blues. The applique project is so tempting but I need to get two appliqued tops quilted before I start another.

Carol in Nova Scotia said...

Wow what beautiful quilts/blocks I'm drooling in my coffee. I just have to participate in your B.O.M. plus with doing "Henrietta Whiskers" B.O.M. I feel 2011 is going to be busy for me. LOL