Sunday, April 3, 2011

Still Quilting

I finished quilting all the center blocks (40) of the THQA quilt.

I also finished quilting the three outer borders.

I decided to use the walking foot to quilt the scrappy squares, the design mimics the "X" created in the black squares.

The only marking that I did on the quilt was the circles for the feathered wreaths (in some of the centers of the blocks). My favorite marking pen is this white Clover pen. It shows up on all kinds of colours. When you first use it, it takes a few seconds for the line to show up, but under the light of the sewing machine it is very visible. I traced around all kinds of circular objects for the different size wreaths. The line comes out with the heat of an iron.

I just have the first border (the one that completes the diamonds) to quilt.

There will be 20 of these half wreaths.

I tried a Hera marker for the first time. It just sort of flattens the fabric, leaving an indentation - no marks to remove after.

It has been snowing almost all day, but the sun finally made an appearance.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...