Monday, April 25, 2011

Quilting and a Cat

Today for the FMQ Challenge I quilted the background of the second leftover applique block.

I am trying to be more "organic" with the background design. Tomorrow I will add some detail to the applique.

I am almost finished hand quilting the border on one side of the bear's paw quilt. It is going very well and I am enjoying quilting it.

The quilt is 88" square.

Also the cat that we found up in a tree a while ago seems to be quite comfortable in our home, taking time for a cat nap. We still don't know who she belongs to, but she comes for visits quite often.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Miki Willa said...

Love the quilting in the top piece. The lines create such movement in the piece.

Dee said...

Pretty cat. Looks like one of mine. I have to tell you how impressed I was that you quilted your THQA quilt on your domestic machine and in such short time. Congratulations!

Marian said...

Our little black cat got out one day and just disappeared. I'm hoping she found a family like yours - she certainly looks comfortable and at home!

Linda said...

Your fmq is stunning!! I like your new little friend! :-)

Rachel said...

Awww what a cutie cat!! Your FMQ looks wonderful. I need to get to practicing on some of that myself!!

Cheers!
Rachel
www.DewberryLane.com

Stray Stitches said...

Your fmq is amazing! Can't wait to see what details you will be adding to the applique.
Your hand quilting is gorgeous. I can't imagine the hours you have put in on the bear paw quilt.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your work..it's amazing. That cat looks so comfortable. He's cute too. Hugs

Needled Mom said...

Your quilting is incredible! Love it.

It does look like the cat has made himself at home quite nicely.

A Magical Whimsy said...

I do so admire you ladies who quilt...it takes a lot of patience to do. I am trying to build back up my stash of quilting fabrics as I lost a lot of vintage fabric years ago when a family member had no clue what they were dumping into the trash...an entire box of tiny fabric scraps for quilts! And I had even labeled the box 'Quilting scraps'...Oh, well, life goes on.
Cheers to such beautiful quilting photos!
Teresa in California

Barb said...

your quilting looks great - what a nice kittie you have. Looks quite at home ;)