Friday, April 1, 2011

Still Quilting

I am still machine quilting the Thread Head Quilt Along quilt.

I tend to keep the quilt really "bunched" around the sewing machine and I haven't been having a problem with the quilting. The stay stitching through the black squares really helped stabilize the quilt.

I am trying out all kinds of quilting designs in the blocks, some I really like , some not so much. I am trying to not be too critical and I hope it will all look fine in the end - it is all a learning experience.
I have quilted 18 blocks and one border so far, so 22 blocks and 3 borders left.

Finally saw a rabbit today - I was wondering where they have been, I guess they finally have lots to eat.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

It's going to be wonderful once you're finished quilting it. The snow is melting here too...nice to see the grass. Hugs

Karen said...

Joanne, it is beautiful !! thanks for sharing your progress. You always inspire me to "keep practicing". Can't wait to see final pics... Karen

Cyndi said...

Oh gosh, Joanne, that quilt looks awesome...and I LOVE the fabrics you are using. That's going to be gorgeous when you are finished!

We used to have a lot of bunnies around our house, but between the foxes, coyotes, and our neighbors' cat, I haven't seen a bunny in a few years! :o(

XOXO,

Cyndi

Quilt Hollow said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finish....I love those colors!

Cathy said...

Love seeing your progress. I haven't had the stamina to start quilting mine. This darn bug has taken a lot out of me. But I really want to start now. Hugs

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

Stunning quilt - and a cute little rascal ;)

Julia said...

Can't wait to see how you quilted it Joanne.
That's going to be the hard part for me..
Julia ♥

Joan said...

Looks wonderful Joanne - I am strip piecing the borders ...