Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lollipop Flowers

I have been working on April's Granny's Hankie BOM.

I just have to stitch around the leaves.

I had a bit of trouble with this block. I thought it was my fault - the lower lollipop flowers and the center printed as ovals. Luckily I noticed it before I made the freezer paper templates, but it made it difficult to place the appliques in the right spots. (Now that I look at it the yellow lollipop flowers on the sides look like licorice allsorts - yum!)

Then I noticed that the lower flowers and center are also ovals on the colour image that prints out too - so it is the fault of the pattern - keep this in mind if you are making it.

My son took this picture this morning on our drive to school - this field floods every spring, but there is supposed to be lots of flooding in Manitoba this year (not for us).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Joan said...

You are doing great with this bock or rather BOM - I have them all but cant decide on a background colour - I was thinking black = then cream - cnat decide - know I want batik - still I have lots to do and they will keep . Just need to remember to save them all. I do think the dark back ground you have is so effective.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the info. Your block is beautiful. I'm hand appliqueing my blocks and it is taking so long. I'm still working on Jan. block. Being sick has put me way behind on everything. Hope to get caught up now. Again your blocks are beautiful. Hugs

Stray Stitches said...

Thanks for the heads up on the block. I haven't made it yet but will include a note to remind myself when I finally get around to it.
Your block is beautiful!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Your quilting is fabulous...always amazed at your work. Lots of flooding around this year...we are okay though. The Souris river is unreal. Hopefully we don't have any more deaths in Manitoba because of the flooding. Have a great day. Hugs