Monday, April 11, 2011

Another Challenge

My friend Wendy (Inky Threads) and I have decided to offer up another Free Motion Quilting Challenge this year (last year's challenge was very successful). The point of this challenge is to encourage people to free motion quilt on their domestic sewing machines - you will be amazed at how much you can improve in just two weeks.

just because I needed a picture

We are challenging people to free motion quilt everyday for two weeks (no cheating). The challenge is open to bloggers and non-bloggers - just post about your FMQ everyday or email Wendy or myself everyday with your updates. You can FMQ on anything - practice samples/projects - anything, for any amount of time, everyday - just know that you will improve after two weeks.


another gratuitous picture

The FMQ Challenge will run from April 22nd 2011 to May 6th 2011.

And like any good challenge there are prizes! Wendy is offering a book and I will have something too (had an incredibly busy/not pleasant weekend! and haven't had time to get something together, but I will). Just leave me a comment or email me (email is on my profile page) saying that you would like to participate or you can contact Wendy.


I haven't done any sewing for the past few days!!! Today I did managed to start working on April's Granny's Hankie BOM (more circles).

Signs of spring!!

The living vacuum is back after a long absence.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

16 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I think I will play along, but I'll be DQ'd because I don't post everyday. My sewing time will replace my blogging time, but it will be fun to do the free motion quilting.

Linda said...

I've missed seeing that little bunny!

Scrappy quilter said...

I probably won't play along however I'll definitely be watching what everyone is doing. Hugs

Ann Marie said...

I would love to play but I will be out of town the first 4 days of the challenge, and taking my sewing machine on my motorcycle isn't an option unfortunately.

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

I plan to participate. I have a double quilt that I have already started FMQing & I will be home for a while. I want to get it finished. Some days, I will be doing some practicing because I plan to use feathers in the border and it will be my first time using them.

GailM. said...

I'd love to participate. I really did get so much better after the challenge last year. If I participate this year, I think I'd do up 14 quilt as you go blocks and do one a day. I'll see if I can swing it. We head back to Canada tomorrow and I'll be back to my stash by the weekend. I'll confirm next week.

Cathy said...

I'd like to participate. I've been wanting to learn how to do this. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs.

Peg said...

Oh, just what I need - have a number of scrappy flimsies just waiting for me to learn something new! I'm in!

Joan said...

I will be in - if thats ok - my golly that quilting of yours is lovely :) Its not as if I have nothing to do :) too much really - but whats another thing or two between friends??

Mary L. said...

That's something I need to do as I have a pile of quilts that I'm behind on quilting. But not sure life will let me quilt EVERY day. I'll try so count me in. It may be the push I need to get my tops done. Was planning to start on my Threadhead Quiltalong this week..but now I may wait. LOL

Raewyn said...

I cant start for two days (as I'm not home right now) but would like to give tis a try if I can..? My FMQ badly needs practise!!

Julia said...

As much as i would love to join in, I just would not be able to do it everyday...so I'll just watch in the side lines and if I get time, I'll have a go...Oh I really wish I could FMQ as nice as you!
Julia ♥

Home Designs by Amanda said...

I'd like to join the party, however, I have never FMQed and do not have a darning foot or a plate to put over the feet. Maybe I'll be able to participate...I may need to wait till your next challenge!

Cheryl M. said...

Count me in, ,maybe I can get some of my tops done, that I keep putting off 'till later' LOL.
Cheryl M.

What Comes Next? said...

I just popped over from Joan's blog at the mention of a FMQ challenge! Love the idea and will throw my hat in the ring to participate.

Renate said...

I just got back from a quilting retreat where I attempted some FMQ and your challenge was suggested. I'll jump in too. But Easter will be tough because I will be out of town with no ability to sew even a straight stitch.