Thursday, April 7, 2011

Catching Up

Today has been a catch-up day for me.

I finished March's Granny's Hankie BOM (16" block). This pattern will just be available for another day and April's will come out on Saturday. I changed the background to plain black Bali fabric, so I will have to redo the January and February blocks. I am much happier with this background (you can see the old background here, the pattern was too busy).

I made April's block for the EQ BOM. These are great little blocks (6") and you don't need EQ.

My catch-up that was more important to my family -

I danced around my house with this baby and

made supper, plus a hot dessert!! Somethings that have been neglected recently!

More signs of spring - I saw a mourning dove this morning, plus some grackles and robins, along with lots of juncos.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

13 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Ooh that block looks wonderful. And those 6 inch blocks are great. The robins have arrived here too although we still have quite a bit of snow. Tomorrow I'm hoping the get the last of the blocks done. Hugs

Karen said...

The plainer background is definitely the way to go. It makes the rest of the design stand out and sparkle.

Home Designs by Amanda said...

The EQ Blocks are adorable...I love the fallish browns, yellows, and reds.

jillyヅ said...

What!! Your family expects to be feed when you are up to your eyeballs in quilting. Some people...hehehe.

I really like the change you made with the background. The colors really pop.

Mr. Wonderful wanted me to tell you just how much he loves your THQA quilt. It is beautiful.

blessings, jilly

Joan said...

You amaze me Joanne - do you ever sleep.... I love your Grannies Hankie - I have them all saved here...started on January one...didnt like the fabric and coulndt decide which way to applique - so back to my lessons and some designing more.
I think your family would have cleaned and cooked for you - what a marvelous effort that THQA quilt is... They must have been pleased with their treats last night??
I am only now starting to put my borders together.

Kat said...

You dance on tango or waltz? ;D

your April Block looks great !!
und your Granny's Hankie BOM lights. :)

Stray Stitches said...

Your Granny's Hankie block is stunning! I like the solid black background much better than the one you used before. And your color choice is better than the sample. Your EQ blocks are wonderful!

Deanna said...

This block is definitely more eye-catching with the solid background.

I need to do some catch up, too. Somehow I have been busy with this quiltalong you may have heard of. :)

so-crazy said...

Yes I like the black so much better good choice.

Cathy said...

I love your March block Granny block. I still haven't finished January's block. Have a quilty day.

Raewyn said...

I do like your new background for your Hankies blocks. Your applique is lovely!!! Good on you for catching up on 'family' stuff - a hot dessert sounds like a great idea!

Myra said...

A great blocks Joanne! The Hankie BOM is much better than your first choice... 8-)

bingo~bonnie said...

I wasn't so hot for the new EQ April BOM but after seeing yours it helps to give me an idea on what I'm gonna use for mine. :) Love your colors.

Don't forget to send the EQ people a photo of yours. I was just looking yesterday at the gallery and didn't see this one. ;)

Happy Weekend & Love from Texas! ~bonnie