Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back to Hexagons

I finished putting all the hexagons together!

I thought this layout was too jumbled, too hard to see the individual blocks.

This is an idea of how they would look with spaces. I thought this was better.

This is what it could look like with the addition of coordinating red fabric. I tried downloading the fabric swatches from Moda to EQ6 - and I managed to figure it out!! Always good to learn something new!!
This layout would make a nice little lap quilt. I think this is the best idea for the hexagons - just have to buy some red fabric. Another trip to the quilt store!

I finally finished this little free motion painted postcard. Decided just to serge the edges since the zig-zag didn't work and it was too small to bind.

I am glad I took this picture yesterday, because when I saw the nest today it was empty! Hopefully they were big enough to fly, they seemed so small (only two, I don't know what happened to the other one?).

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...