Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gardening

This week has been so wonderful that I have been working outside. Lots of weeding! It is amazing how with a bit of heat things are really starting to grow! (Especially the weeds!)

Flowers in the front.
Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers on the sunny south side.

Vegetable patch in the back.

I ordered some great books from Amazon, and I am so pleased. I want to start making art quilts and these books have fantastic ideas.

This one is painting fabric with acrylic fabric paints (SoSoft by DecoArt), and then embellishing with thread. The author, Pat Durbin, has included five projects in the book.

This one is based on a raw edge applique technique, with thread embellishments. The author, Leni Levenson Wiener, is a photographer and the first chapter in the book is "The Elements of Good Design". It has wonderful tips that would be applicable to regular quilt making, photography etc. It comes with a DVD (I haven't had time to look at it, the books came yesterday).

Time for something new for me, and these two books really inspire me. With the mosquitoes being horrendous outside, I might be spending a bit more time indoors!


Have a great day and thanks for visiting!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...