Friday, June 11, 2010

Finished!!

I can't believe that I have finished my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along quilt!

This has been going on since January and I absolutely loved belonging to a quilt along. Thanks Rachel!!
You can see other wonderful Pinwheel quilts over at Flickr. It is amazing to see all the other variations.

I love this block.
I chose to quilt free-motion feathers in the pinwheels. They were so much fun to quilt and great practice. I realized that the secret to nice feathers is the angle that the loops come off the stem (vein?).

I used flannel for the backing,


and Hobbs Tuscany Wool batting (my favorite - to work with and to sleep under).

The layer cake (and part of a charm pack) I used was Alliance by Moda,

and the background was by Buggy Barn. All the fabric for the top is from KickAss Country Store, the people there are so wonderful and helpful!
I used Invisafil by Wonderfil for all the quilting (also from KACS), it has become my new favorite quilting thread. It is easy to work with and disappears into the fabric - seems to hide mistakes! I used Aurifil #50 in the bobbin, and a #80 Microtex needle to quilt.

I joined the 1800's Reproduction Fabric Club from KickAss Country Store awhile ago,

and in the Fall I plan on starting making blocks with the fabric I have collected. I am thinking of doing it as a very informal quilt-along. I would like to post a block (or two) every week (designed with the help of EQ7). I have a couple of ideas for quilt layouts too.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...