Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another Quilt Show

This weekend I went to my parents, 1½ hours north of here. My Mother's quilting group had a quilt show yesterday and it was so much fun to meet my Mother's friends and see all the beautiful work that they do!


The pictures don't do any of the quilts justice, most were beautiful, vibrant colours.



The quilt in the back is my Mother's. She bought the kit in Alaska last year, it is called "Glacier". It even has hot glued little Swarovski crystals on it. I free motion quilted this one on her machine last year.

My Mother's Seasons of Migration Quilt.

There were many more quilts (bags, table runners, a bath mat (my Mother's again, it is made in that "chenille" technique with flannel and osnaburg), place-mats etc...). It was a wonderful show!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Edna said...

Gorgeous quilts! Your mom's Glacier is wonderful.

jilly said...

So the quilting talent runs in the family. Please tell your Mother her quilts are beautiful.

Blessings,
Jilly

Wendy said...

What a talented bunch of ladies! You must have had a blast!

Quilting Queen said...

Wow...your mom is a great quilter too. On the other end of the spectrum, my daughter is a quilter and worked her first quilt show this year. Speaking as the mother of a quilter, it is a great feeling when your daughter shares your passion...thanks for posting pics...love the 'glacier' quilt.

Karen said...

I am doing the math to figure out where your quilt show was! You and your Mom make a great team :)

Gloria said...

wow! It's taken me a long time to read all your posts that I've missed! You have been productive!

Love the red in your hexagons, it really sets them off!

Your garden looks perfect, I'm too embarrassed to post my own!

Your McTavishing looks great! You seem like a pro! I recently bought a McTavishing stencil, alittle guide to get me started. I'm such a chicken!

Nice that you and your Mom share the quilting passion! the quilts you showed sure were vibrant, just like you said they they were!

Karen said...

All the quilts are amazing but I'm inlove with your Mom's Seasons of Migration. I think it's one of the most beautiful quilts that I've ever seen! You both must be so thrilled with it's completion.

Laura said...

My mother quilted & sewed, too, enjoy your time with yours while you still have her in your life! I love the first quilt you posted here (leaves in autumn colors), it's just beautiful.