Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What to Do?

I have recently finished machine quilting the three lap quilts I had to finish (plus another one for my Mother) and a couple of little projects for fall decorations, now what should I work on?


This is (I hate to say it) my oldest UFO! I made it over 10 years ago when I was starting quilting. It is 20" x 41". My neighbor had given me the scraps of fabric and I had borrowed a log cabin book from a friend -


I just tried out a few different styles from the book and put them together. The strips are 1" finished. The fabric is very pale and I have no real use for it (not that this usually stops me!) so I never got around to finishing it. I could just machine quilt it and get it finished, but that doesn't seem to appeal to me!

Here is another project that I would like to make -


It is a free project from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt, it is the Huswif Needlecase.
I like the over all idea, but I am planning on making a simpler version as a give away door prize for a quilt show.
I was going to eliminate the beautiful embroidery on the inside -

and make it a bit smaller.

I am also thinking a making a few little quilt blocks for either pincushions or pot holders (again for door prizes).

It is getting late so I'll see what I fell like doing tomorrow!! Hopefully I don't have new ideas!!


I thought I would add this picture (although it was prettier in person - more iridescent). It is woven carbon fibers on the exhaust pipe of my son's new motorcycle (don't tell him I used the word "pretty").

And red my favorite colour too!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

With that Log cabin, you could applique something on it, or you could add a solid band and do some FMA there. Or both!

jilly said...

You could have a give away on your blog. I'm sure someone out there would love to receive it and finish the quilting.

Its beautiful, not my colors either, but again sure someone would love it.

blessings,
jilly