Friday, October 8, 2010

Two Finishes

I finished making the little kimono wall hanging.

It is almost 9" square. It is the first time I have done this type of project where the three layers are sewn together - right sides together, turned around and then quilted - I loved it - very easy!
So I had to make another!

For this four patch mini quilt I used leftover fabric and blocks from a table runner I made a few years ago. It is 12½" square.

I free motion quilted a small ivy design around the border. I quilted with Invisafil thread.
These will be door prizes for next summers quilt show. A great way to use up little bits of fabric and to practice free motion quilting.

The kimono pattern was designed by Ingrid Machtemes, of Quiltessential Company.
A few years ago I made the quilt that is on my bed, with the kimono block pattern (with the addition of a few "Card Trick" blocks).

This is the last large quilt (91" x 91") I hand quilted (I am working on one I will hopefully finish this winter - although I said the same thing last winter!). It is also the first time I used wool batting for a quilt - which was wonderful to hand quilt.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love these minis you're making. Especially the four patch one. Though, the Kimono is very cute, too. What if you left it off the background and quilted it that way? I wonder how that would do of if it would be too difficult.

I've been practicing the FMQ I'm putting on Mom's quilt, but I'll be working on it in small bits here and there. I've just been moved to working days. Now even less time for quilting.