Saturday, July 31, 2010

OPAM Finish

I squeaked in another July OPAM finish before the end of the month! Whew!

I finally finished this pair of socks I have had on the go for over 6 months! This pair was for a pattern I am making (two at a time on one needle). It is much more fun to make socks with self patterning yarn or hand dyed, but I thought this plain colour would be better for the pattern. The wool is Scheepjes Invicta Extra, 75% wool and 25% nylon.

I wanted to add some pictures from our daily bike ride -

The barley is ripening.

We found a frog too.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping in!!

5 comments:

SheilaC said...

That little frog is so cute :)

Love your socks, not sure how you manage 2 at a time!! I am a beginner and the needles always seem like they are getting in each others way! hehe
I hope to practice more this winter

SheilaC

jilly said...

I love your socks and wish I had tried harder when my Grandma tried to teach me years ago.

Can't believe you have another quilt done. Good for you, I need to stop "pacing" and get to work finishing the ones I start.

Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Jilly

Stephanie in Michigan said...

I love knitting socks, especially with the self-striping sock yarn. I am intrigued by your two-at-a-time pattern and am anxious to see it!

Michelle Lovatt said...

There is nothing like home made socks. Love the latest quilts. Hope you are having a great summer.

Ivory Spring said...

Great looking socks - they look comfy! Beautiful scenery from your bike ride. Thanks for sharing.