Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Diamonds at Large

I finished sewing the layer cake quilt (Diamonds at Large from the Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts book).

The blocks all ready to be sewn together.


I will use flannel for the back of this lap quilt, still don't know if I will use wool or cotton batting. I think I will wait to machine quilt it.

The other day we had a rain/thunder storm with lots of hail. This picture was just as the hail was starting. I had to stop taking pictures and wipe up all the water that was leaking in our new window!! They are coming to fix it again tomorrow - third times a charm (I hope!). Luckily we didn't have too much damage - just broken plants.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute quilt!!! I see why you like it so much!

canuckquilter said...

I love how simple shapes can make such a statement. This looks like a good one to show off quilting.

I'm glad the storm didn't cause too much damage. Pity about the broken plants though. Ours have escaped storm damage so far but been under attack by Japanese beetles. I'm not sure which is worse...

Gloria said...

Love the diamonds! Very effective colour choices!

Sandra Henderson said...

Very pretty! I love the pattern!
Is that rhubarb?!!?!? :)
Sorry I don't get round so often to visit, but sure do love catching up when I DO! XO

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, that's really pretty! Can't wait to see it all quilted!