Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Working on Schnibbles

My Schnibbles is coming along.

All the four patches are done, and I am half way finished redoing the flying geese blocks.

There are two of these little rose bushes in the garden and they are in full bloom. I think they are Morden Blush. Very small flowers - about 2" across when fully opened, and change to very pale pink as they open.

The tomatoes are growing beautifully with all the heat. They have gone from this -

to this -

in 3 short weeks!
They have lots of flowers and I can taste the caprese salad already!! Yum!!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping in!!

5 comments:

jilly said...

I love the fabrics you are using in this quilt. Sorry to read about your little mishap...just know we all have done that, at one time or another;-)

Love seeing your garden. Reminds me so much of when my son was 10 and had his first garden. His cherry tomatoes did so well he said he would never grow them again;-) He even took some to school to give away.

Blessings,
jilly

Cyndi said...

I love those colors in your Schnibbles...I'm a pastel kind of girl! And that rose is beautiful. It kind of reminds me of one of my David Austin roses.

Our tomatoes are coming along well, too. Unfortunately, we never get any ripe ones before August! :o(

XOXO,

Cyndi

Wendy said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

My tomatoes are getting bigger, too. But not like yours. Wow!

Barbara said...

Hi,
I have come across your blog tonight and the work in your quilts is truly lovely ... the piecing must be so tricky.
We are having a heat wave here in Ontario as well! It is so hot and humid outside ... I have had Morden Blush roses before and I would say that is what it is, and as they age ... turn even paler. Mine were very fragrant!

Deanna said...

Tomatoes--Yum! What a nice reward for sewing.